3 April 2019
Are you a Diesel Generator Engineer or Diesel Fitter based in Cheshire or Staffordshire? If so, keep on reading!
FW Power are one of the UK’s leading providers of New & Used Diesel Generators. We are proud to maintain a standard and a service that is unbeatable and as such ensure all our staff are fully trained and have the tools they need to complete the job correctly. As a family business we are very fair and flexible and we also expect our employees to operate to the same principles.
Due to growth within the service and maintenance area FW Power are seeking a Diesel Generator Engineer / Diesel Fitter to join our team based in Tarporley, Cheshire. Skills within the generator sector are essential but equally important is an individual who wishes to grow and takes considerable pride in their work. Our approach is to give individuals a wide array of experience not only of the products but also of how our business works from front end to back end.
- Carry out FW Powers 75 point service inspection on generators ranging from 6- 2000 kVA and conduct generator load tests.
- Complete all paper work correctly, concisely and keep records up to date.
- Assist in refurbishments and rebuild of diesel generators, this includes electrical and mechanical work.
- Source parts for jobs, order and liaise with the office in purchasing.
- Attend scheduled service and maintenance visits and ensure you represent FW Power to the high standard we proudly maintain.
- Attend breakdown calls.
- Assist with loading and offloading of generators o via fork lift or crane.
- Work alongside our senior engineer assisting him on larger site installations and commissioning projects.
- Attending site visits to asses generators for purchase.
- Minimum 2 /3 years experience working with diesel generators or similar plant, covering all aspects of servicing and some rebuild work. Electrical and mechanical experience required.
- Fault finding, being able to assess the problem and come to a solution.
- Ideally you will have experience working on a wide array of engine and alternator brands.
- Forklift license.
- Good computer skills, Microsoft office programs.
- Must have a full clean UK driving licence .
- Some customer facing experience.
- High level of organisation and a methodical approach.
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge and fault finding skills.
- Be able to work alone.
- Strong communication skills.
- A proactive/flexible approach and a willingness to learn.
- If a job is worth doing it is worth doing right – is the approach we take to our business.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Company van will be provided after a probationary period.
- Ongoing training and qualifications provided.
- Regular salary reviews.
LOCATION: Tarporley, Cheshire ( UK travel will be required)
SALARY: £22K – £28K Depending upon experience. (salary will be reviewed after first 6 months.)
HOURS: 8am – 4.30pm Monday – Friday
HOLIDAYS: 25 days + bank holidays
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to News