GET IN TOUCH
Buying a used generator need not be a gamble. FW Power has 25 years of experience in diesel generators both in the UK and overseas. We are committed to providing only the highest quality used diesel generators, which is why all of the used generators we sell undergo a 75 point service inspection check and a full load test prior to despatch. Consider it to be like an MOT and test run but in much more detail covering all aspects of the operation and function of the generator.
With new stock arriving each week please contact us should you not be able to find the…
second-hand generator you are looking for. We also offer a wide range of new diesel generators from globally renowned brands such as Perkins, Cummins and Doosan.
All of the tests that we undertake on our used generators are all recorded, with every repair item and recommendation clearly detailed on the test sheets – a copy of which is given to the customer.
How can we be confident that the diesel generator you purchase from FW Power is the best quality second-hand generator that you can buy? Well, above you can see the test sheets that we complete and below is a summary of some of the key areas we test and inspect:
- Shutdowns tested at least 3 times during our test process.
- Physical connections to the base frame, radiator and alternator inspected.
- Charge alternator tested.
- Fuel pump inspected, fuel solenoid checked, fuel linkages lubricated.
- Fuel hoses inspected.
- Filters changed as required and air filter assembly checked.
- Oil tested and changed as required.
- Low oil pressure and engine temperature.
- Fan belts inspected, recorded and changed as necessary.
- All hoses checked.
- Fan blades and radiator fins checked.
- Radiator checked for fin blockage and cleaned as required.
- Coolant tested and changed as required.
- Fan guards checked and rectified.
- Radiator cap checked operationally.
- AVR checked and tested.
- Physical connections to the engine and base frame tested.
- Internal inspection of slip rings and diodes completed as required.
- Megger test if required.
- Display checked.
- Warning lights and instrumentation checked.
- Fuses, relays and cables inspected.
- Panel settings for autostart and any timers recorded.
- Auxiliary inputs recorded.
- Circuit breaker checked for correct operation.
- Batteries checked and changed as required.
- Battery charger and jacket water checked if applicable.
- Exhaust system checked.
- Exhaust condensate checked and drained.
- All generators tested at 25%, 50%, 75% & 100% of rated load.
- 50% load acceptance/load rejection tests completed and recorded.
- Voltage and Frequency variation on load recorded.
- Voltage and Frequency stability on load recorded.
With all of the above tests completed it is no wonder that FW Power are the number one choice when it comes to used diesel generators in the UK for large and small business alike.
FW Power sells all makes of generators such as FG Wilson, Perkins, Cummins, CAT, Volvo, Doosan, MTU, John Deere, Scania plus many more.
If you have any questions please call us on 01270 821419 or we have a Frequently Asked Questions page that along with our Knowledge Centre will help guide you through your generator selection and purchase.